Aeration consists of making holes in the lawn using a tool that removes small plugs of soil.
Does my lawn need core aeration?
When the soil becomes too compact, it is more difficult for the roots to grow, and the lack of space hinders the growth of the grass.You may also need aeration if:
- Your land is difficult to drain
- If it does not resist heat (turns yellow when the temperature rises)
To determine if your soil is too compact: Push a pencil at a depth of 10 to 15 cm into your damp lawn. If it is difficult to do, your lawn needs core aeration.
Why aeration?The aeration of the core allows:
- Reduction of soil compaction and helps in the decomposition of the felt (stubble)
- Deep rooting of the turf
- Rapid infiltration of water into the soil
- Cooling of the soil during periods of heat (better resistance to drought)
- The distribution of fertilizers in the soil
- Improvement of drainage in the case of clay soils
TRYLAWN recommends core aeration of the lawn at least once a year.
TRYLAWN offers this service in the luxury maintenance plan.